The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday
No Strength
Handstand Helen
3 Rounds
Run 400m
21 KB Swings
12 HSPU

Friday
Dead Lift- 3, 3, amrap @ 75%, 85%, 95%
+
10 Rounds
15 Walking Lunges
10 Knees To Elbow

Ok guys some of you have asked about PROTEIN, some of you haven't but still need to know b/c you should ALL be taking it POST-WOD. I usually say any kind of protein is good but I've tried something that I really believe works. PROGENEX Recovery. Click the link to the right and type in the code "2717M" to get 10% off your order. This protein is broken down to a much finer state than other protein so it gets into your muscles much quicker (like within 15 min). I would say that I have been training long enough to know when something feels different and this really has made a difference in my recovery.
For instance, a couple days ago I did a heavy squat workout in the A.M. and in the P.M. I did this wod:
6 sets; rest 6 min b/w sets
30 sec amrap CL & J, 135
30 sec amrap Double Unders
30 sec amrap KB Swings, 70#
30 sec amrap Burpees
This 6 min rest really allowed the lactic acid to build up in my legs and by the end of it I was absolutely smoke and my quads were fried! I was like well this is a perfect time to really put this progenex to the test. Thankfully, I had already mixed the drink before that so all I had to do was drink it. I had the drink and stretch a little bit, stood up after about 15 min or so and literally my legs felt recovered. AND I was not sore at all the next day and when I had to hit my conditioning wod of 10 min row, rest 10 min, 10 min row the next morning my legs felt fresh.

So I recommend you to try it. I like the chocolate, I've tested the vanilla and did not like it at all but if you think you'd like it better than go for it. Please let me know what you think if you get it and try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment