The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CrossFit and Perfect Peace!



As most of you know I put myself through a "mock games" this weekend. Competing in 5 events over saturday and sunday (you can see video's on my video page and our new CrossFit 27:17 video page) This was an learning experience for me. I was very focused with little distractions. Pretty much from when I woke up saturday morning til I went to bed sunday night I was either training, preparing to train, or focusing on recovery. I started thinking about what CrossFit meant to me and why I put myself through this torture. I love CrossFit and the physical benefits are only one small reason why.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

Every time I train I try to push my body's physical limits. I love this because it gives me just a slight glimpse of what Christ suffered for us on the cross making us ALIVE. Especially this weekend putting myself in a competition state of mind. By the end of the final workout on sunday (24 minute chipper) I was completely mentally drained and physically beat. As I fell to the ground after my final lunge I was starring up at the beautiful sky. I was lying there completely helpless and I couldn't help but to be reminded of just how inferior I am and how SUperior my GOD is. He created this earth and he created me. I'm so thankful that He gave me the physical abilities to perform these workouts but also the mental ability to push myself to my body's limits so that I can experience his power and glory on another level. I was lying on the ground in Perfect Peace b/c I knew that it did not matter what I can or can't do here on earth b/c He is in complete control. I couldn't help but sit there and worship Him for just a minute.

CrossFit is a way of life for me, way more than just a training methodology. CrossFit means giving your 110% effort in everything you do and at the same time understanding that I am completely helpless without my God and being at perfect peace b/c of that, perfect peace because He is in control of me and everything and He loves me. Because He loves me, I can love my clients and love my training.

All this rambling to say, Push your body to the limits in your training. It will reap many benefits way beyond physical benefits. Try to take your mind to a state of fatigue you've never reached before so that you can understand how small you are and how big God is.

Isaiah 26:3 "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment