The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CrossFit Pain


CrossFit Pain
This is why I love CrossFit guys and why CrossFit is so much more than a fitness program but it is a lifestyle. This is a picture of me after the 5 x Run 400m/ 25 pullups event last saturday at the sectionals. My legs started to cramp on lap 3 or 4 and were completely cramped up on the 5th lap. I was literally dragging my right foot on the ground for about a quarter of the last lap. One of the most painful things I've experienced. Definitely a new level of CrossFit pain was reached that afternoon.
But I made it through it and performed pretty well on the final workout. This CrossFit pain teaches us that we CAN handle ANYTHING we put our mind to. I don't want people to look like this after every workout but there is a threshold that you need to be breaking down each and every time you train. Push your body physically and mentally and it will carry over to your every day life. I've seen so many examples of people who, after crossfitting for several months, are walking around with more confidence. They believe in themselves, the problems they face every day are not a big deal to them anymore, they are not scared to try new things or take risk.
I believe there is a direct correlation between crossfit training and this new positive, confident attitude that people have. After all, once you've done Fight Gone Bad, as anything else really that hard?

Train hard, push your limits, see what your made of and test what you can handle. Don't be afraid to take risk.

5 Rounds
Run 400m
25 Pullups for males/ 15 Pullups for females

Also, we'll be having a work day at the gym saturday. Probably from around noon til 5 or so. Building a new platform and maybe some other toys, maybe doing some painting so if you're available please come help out! Also we'll do a competition team workout as a break at 3 o'clock if enough people are there. Please let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly for the workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment