The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Are you happy?

So guys and girls, every once in a while you need to step back and evaluate your life. Are you happy with where your life is going? Are you happy with your training at CrossFit 27:17?

Are you pleased with your results?

It took me a long time to understand (and I still am trying to understand) that you CAN NOT out train a bad diet. If you're not pleased with your results come talk to me and let's evaluate what we can do differently. Diet is 80% of being healthy and fit so get it right. It's time to quit giving it 100% in the gym only to destroy it during the other 23 hours of the day.

I confess this is my fault for the most part for not putting more of an emphasis on diet from the get go with you guys but it's time to make that change. You may think you're eating good and you may honestly be trying, but if the weight is not coming off like you want then you obviously need to make a change.

"Watching what you eat" is not eating clean. That's just as meaningless to me as someone who comes in for the first time and when I ask if they've been doing any training they say they've been going to Anytime Fitness for the last year (usually translates to I haven't done crap for working out). "Watching what you eat" usually translates to I eat a bunch of carbs a little bit of protein and low fat (crappy diet) which is why you have not seen good results.

If you really want to get serious about it set up a time to meet with me and go over your diet and training. I am your trainer and I want to see results just as bad as you do. If we need to adjust your training I'll do it, if you need something to jumpstart your diet we'll do it.
So please set up a time or send me an email with what you need help with.

Lastly, write down on a sheet of paper your goals for the next 3 months. I want everything from training goals (muscle up) to weight loss or gain goals (lose 20lbs of fat/ gain 10lbs of muscle) to nutrition goals (getting down to one cheat meal a week).


3 comments:

  1. I am very happy with my results so far! This is my 5th month at CrossFit 2717 and I could not do a pull-up or push-up when I started! I can see myself getting stronger every week. I do get very frustrated with my struggle to get more upper body strength. My main goal is to do the W.O.D. as Rx'd!! I don't like to make modifications so I will continue to do pull-ups and push-ups (and try not to complain every time) because I know they are helping me get SCRONG!!!!
    As for diet....I "think" I eat good but I am going to try the diet you're making for me and see if it makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael is soooooo right! Its the 80-20 rule. 80% of your results happen during your 23 hrs outside of the gym.

    If you really want to get inspired, flip on the Biggest Loser on tuesday nights. The people on the show weigh 200-400lbs. These people get after it, get serious about their diet and lose 5-6lbs a week. They do all this while being 300+ pounds. I love your tee shirt slogan idea, "you can excuses or results, not both". Soooo... what's your excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would like to add that I am all ears with regards to this subject. I will offer any helpful advice as well as recipes and types of food as well. All you have to do is ask and I will help you out!

    ReplyDelete