The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Suffering


Why is it that we complain about our "sufferings" so much? Now I know at first this seems like a dumb question.. what else are we supposed to do. But really, I've been thinking about this a lot with my training volume being as high at it is and training a bunch of different people and personalities. A lot of people complain about the workouts or about something else going on in their life. Now this is understandable b/c life is hard and training is hard, trust me I'm there, it's a struggle for me to get up and train hard day after day. So this is why I've been thinking about it. I know that the reason I'm training for the CrossFit games is NOT for my own glory but for God's glory. I feel like God has called me to be a witness for Him to the greater CrossFit community. I'm not sure how that looks but I know that's is part of my mission field God has blessed me with. So knowing that, how can I complain about the suffering that I partake in during training.
Three major points here for me to consider why I shouldn't complain and why I should give it 110% every time I go into a training session.
1) I'm doing it for God's glory so why would I do anything half for God's glory?
2) Christ tells us that we grow during suffering, become better people and deeper in faith and character
3) Christ suffered the ultimate suffering for ME. He humbled himself to the point of the most embarrassing, difficult death on the CROSS!

Romans 5:1-5 says "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we REJOICE in our SUFFERINGS, know that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope, and does not put us to shame, b/c God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

This is what keeps me motivated during my training. If I'm feeling down about training or just tired. I take some time to pray before hand and just ask God for His strength or that I can learn something and grow from the training.
Also, if this hasn't helped motivate yet, take a step back and look at your life. Our "sufferings" are NOTHING in comparison to others and the world and definitely nothing in comparison the the suffering that Christ went through for ALL of us on the Cross.
Train hard guys, keep up the good work and remember the reason for EVERYTHING we do here is to give GOD GLORY!!

Romans 8:18 says "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us"

No comments:

Post a Comment