The Crossfit 27:17 blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://crossfit2717.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Strength

Today is all strength work! Keep good position and move as much weight as possible. Keep the Tempo STRICT it's for a purpose, this IS how we get stronger and it IS important for measuring strength gains. In order to really know if you are getting stronger you have to know how long you have the weight under tension (time under tension, TUT). Ex. I do a 3rm back squat with no tempo at 350 one week, it takes me 7 seconds. A month from then I do 3rm back squat at 360 but it took me 10 seconds. Did I really get stronger? But if I do them both at a strict 30X0 tempo then I know my time under tension is the same which means my power output went up the second time. Trap-3 is shoulder therapy stuff so don't get scared b/c you don't know what it is!
A1. HSPU @ 32X2; 4 x 5 difficult; rest 90 sec
A2. Dead Lift @ 42X2; 4 x 3; rest 90 sec
B1. Push Press @ 22X2; 3 x 6; rest 90 sec
B2. Bulgarian Split Squat @ 3121; 3 x 8/leg; rest 90 sec
C. Trap-3 @ 30X0; 3 x 8/arm; rest 45 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment